Thursday, June 28, 2012

I said "I can't" :(

Hey Everyone,

That's right... I said it :( and I can tell you right now it tasted horrible coming out of my mouth!!!
"I can't" doesn't have a place in my vocabulary anymore.

So what happened, you may ask? Well... all in all it was a pretty amazing day with some fellow BeautyFit beauties helping out at our local Habitat for Humanity build site.

We were there on the Women Build Wednesday supporting Angie Hill and Kat C's team from 105.3 KOOL FM

Pam, Sandra and I :)

Sandra, Angie Hill, Pam and I 

Our whole crew complete with pink scaffolding!!!

So our build day was insanely hot, 43*F with a humidex but so rewarding!!! We were tasked with building framing for the ROOF and nailing the ROOF sheeting.... notice the common denominator being the ROOF!!!

Little known fact... I don't like heights *insert short joke* but I figured I'd get over it. I got buckled into my harness... did my safety training... climbed up the ladder and through the framing like a monkey (which was crazy enough!!!) then got to where I needed to climb out and onto the roof. I got one leg out and attempted the other... the spins came and I said it... I can't do this... :(

Everyone there was super supportive and understanding. I took up my new assignment of building the roof frames safely on the ground and the day was awesome and super productive.

But... those words left a bitter taste in my mouth! Seriously!

Sooooo.... I have added to my "happy list" I need to get over my heights thing!

My first though goes right to skydiving... but before that....


I'm going to learn how to rock climb!!! :D 
That's a bonus deal of conquering a fear AND getting in a stellar workout!!! 

I'll keep you posted as to when this is all going down lol I'm sure there will be some fantastic photos to accompany that blog! :P

Until then... 

Safe on the ground hugs...

-Crystal :) xo




No comments:

Post a Comment