Monday, May 30, 2011

Running... my new nemesis!

To date, there is no other form of cardio that disheartens me more than the dreaded...Running!

True, there was a time at the beginning of my weight loss, where walking at a 2.7mph was exhausting. As a matter of fact, in BeautyFit boot camp we sometimes head outside to my old high school and during one of these "outings" was the first time I had ever run the track there!

Don't get me wrong, I do get that I'm a work in progress. I do appreciate how far I've come thus far... it's just that this running thing really beats me up mentally.

So why? You may ask, am I even bothering? Well, I feel like the things that I find most difficult are probably the very things I'm going to learn the most from... or I'm a glutton for punishment! Lol
I will admit to, in the past, rolling my eyes and even making fun of those people who are out in the cold, rain, heat or snow running. I now find myself envying their dedication.
Yet, every time I get on the damn treadmill (2 min intervals of running and walking) I last about 30 min before I feel like I'm going to puke!
In my mind I hear the voice of Dory from Finding Nemo..."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" so either Disney IS really motivational OR I'm hallucinating... either way, I'll take it!

So, in the meantime, I'm just going to keep plugging away at it. What do I have to lose really?!
One of two things are going are going to happen... I'm either going to become a runner or get a really great cardio workout trying :P

Thank goodness for an amazing support team... My BeautyFit family of Sandra and Jimmy, Lisa,Rebecca and Sheryl of WGK and of course Jenna and all the boot camp ladies, I know I'll get through this.

Hugs while I "just keep swimming"...I mean running (swimming is a whole other story).

-Crystal xo

No comments:

Post a Comment