Monday, July 4, 2011

Family Trip to Whole Foods :)

Hi All! :)

This past Sunday Ian (hubby), Sidney (kidlet) and I headed to Whole Foods Market in Oakville.
I was first introduced to Whole Foods by Sam when she brought me there in the spring as part of my "50lbs lost" Lulu Lemon reward road trip! (Still adore my scuba hoodie that I got that day... thought lately it's been a little warm for it ).

I was so excited to be heading there with my family because I knew they'd love it there too...



The first thing you notice when you walk in is how bright and colourful it is! Everything is so neatly stacked and arranged beautifully... it really is like edible art! :)
With all of these pre prepped foods, it's difficult to make an excuse about not being able to eat healthier, Whole Foods isn't the only place that makes healthy options like these readily available...:)



I'm a sucker for herbs and spices lol and they even have edible flowers which Sidney thought was pretty cool!



I couldn't resist taking this picture... the colours were so awesome and peppers are one of my faves!!!



This is the bath and body section, I knew Sidney would love this isle! She is obsessed with hand made soaps and scrubs lol She makes them for me all the time and is always looking for new inspiration! :)



Now on to the "main event" lol. I raved about the cafe area of the market and Ian and Sidney were both eager to check it out and get some lunch... oops I chopped Ian in half lol
The thing to remember about all this wonderful variety of food is that a)moderation is key AND b)they charge by the pound lmao Ian will never forget that now ;)



This is Sidney and her carb laden lunch! Btw... there's rice under her salad hahaha
I didn't even look at what Ian had in his container... it was just better that way! :P



This is my delicious, well balanced and portion controlled lunch ;) Mmmmmmmm.....



And finally, Sidney and I... I had to get in at least one pic ;) lol
I absolutely recommend a trip to Whole Foods market with the family... it's a great eye opener to the variety and possibilities that are out there. A healthier lifestyle doesn't have to be bland, boring and tasteless... Life is what YOU make it!!! :)




Until next time... check out the Whole Foods website www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Whole Foods Hugs... Crystal :)xo

No comments:

Post a Comment